Subject: Re: [Leica] TTL flash on the M6
From: Thomas Kachadurian <kach@freeway.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 00:00:29 -0400

Rick:

Since you asked. I once used Nikons (several) with the matrix flash. When I
switched to Canon I didn't realize how well the Nikon system worked. Turns
out the Nikon flash system is nearly perfect.

The Canon A-TTL (A2-EOS5) is a matrix/center-weighted hybrid, basic and
pretty good and the E-TTL (ElanII) is a matrix flash with preflash and OTF
flash combined, a great system if their aren't people. The pre-flash is
just enough to asure that most people will close their eyes. I have and use
both.

I would be quite happy with a Leica-M TTL that worked as well as the
simple, sort-of-matrix flash of the A2. I would be happier to skip the TTL
altogether if they'd just give me a 1/200th flash sync. For both I'd wet my
pants with glee.

Tom