Subject: Re: [Leica] [DR Summicron on the M6]
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 18:07:31 -0400

I had that same resistance with my late model DR and my new M6HM.  I
couldn't get the focus ring to click into the close focus range.  One day I
said to hell with it, clenched my teeth, closed my eyes, and just forced
it.  Everything worked fine, the camera is non the worse, and close
focusing works fine.  The actual force required was not that great.
Furthermore, focusing seems much easier with the HM than with my older M6
in the close range.  The rangefinder in my old M6 had vertical
mis-alignment while in the close range that is absent from my new camera.

Dan C.