Subject: RE: [Leica] Noctilux King of the Night
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 18:27:29 -0300

"B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> Wrote

>I'm in the minority here - While I am blown away by what you, T-Max and the
>Noctilux were able to do with the light of a cigar lighter and a bit of back
>light, I much prefer the boathouse portraits. There is a warmth and a
>reality to them that is quite striking.
>
>And I should add that these photos are the first I've seen that have really
>allowed me to understand what the Cult of Noctilux is really all about.
>Amazing. Now, if I can just sell my 15-year-old son, I may be able to afford
>one! :-)

Thank you for the comments on these other pictures from the boathouse.
After seeing them myself, I thought I would like to document the atendees
of these Director's meetings and give the owner of the boathouse Bruce a
set to post on the walls there.  As sad as it may be, some of these older
gentlemen will probably die over the coming years and the photos would make
a nice record.

I am glad that you see the power of the Noctilux now.  It just seem to give
people pictures a glow to them.  I will post some more as I print them.  I
will begin the web page next month and may have a section just for the
Noctlux.

As for selling your son, you may be better off waiting patiently until you
find a good deal on a used Noctilux.  I got mine off Ebay, and it was
mistakingly listed as a screw mount.  It still was not cheap, as others
caught on to the error and drove the bid up.

In a final note, I love buying Canadian, even some of my cars have been
Canadian built.

Regards,

Robert Stevens