Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica lens still superior???
From: "Harrison McClary" <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 23:15:25 -0500

Andre Jean Quintal wrote:

> I don't think you ever would hear such a bad trip story
>  from a Leica customer in 100,000 ! In a 1,000,000 even !
>  LEICA stands by it's "customer base", people doing their best !

I just sent my R8 in to Leica, NJ USA and they had it back to me in 6 days.
Not bad for a company that does not advertise a pro service.  The fellow at
Leica, Neils Thornsen, was the friendliest person I have had the pleasure of
dealing with.

The camera was having some kind of problem with thinking the back had been
opened half way through a roll of film and quitting working.  This was fixed and
the camera has worked flawlessly through a baseball game, a speech by H
Ross Perot Jr., a corporate shoot for Home Depot, and a Walking Horse show.
(all shot in the 3 days since I got the camera back).

The fellow I work with sent 3 Nikon lenses in to Nikon for work and it took over
a month for him to get them back, and he is an NPS member.  Yes they did
give him loaners, all low end user junk, except for the 15 to replace his 24.  Not
exactly an everyday use wide lens, the 15.
Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto