Subject: Re: [Leica] m6 v. r7 - sharpness issue
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 09:30:54 -0500

At 08:15 AM 8/29/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I'm just a rank amateur but I've found that Leicaflexes can be hand held
>at pretty slow shutter speeds.  Do they have a different mirror movement
>mechanism than R cameras?  I think they do.

The differences should be obvious. The R cameras are a lot smaller. But the
variations between R mechanisms is true as well. But there isn't any
problem hand-holding with any R camera if you ask me. I used to get
pictures with an R4 at 1/2 second hand held. Mind you, maybe 2 or 3 frames
in a roll of film would be very sharp. (If any, talk about indecisive
moments!) I did noticed an improvement between my R4 (and sP) cameras, and
the R7. It's much better than earlier models. Overall, I'd rate R cameras
pretty good at being vibration free. The R8 is great, especially with the
mirror-up mechanism.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Ted Kennedy