Subject: Re: [Leica] New M6 with TTL
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 08:24:20 -0500

At 12:51 PM 8/28/98 +0200, you wrote:
>was not the case for me. I wonder though, based on previous mails, how
>many press photographers rely on Leica M6s for their work? My impression
>is that they use mostly SLRs, Leica or (more common) Nikon and Canon. When
>I want/need flash, I use my Pentax SLRs.

Actually, the M6 is a highly prized camera among press photographers. Many
don't have them, but wish they did. This TTL should make it a more
practical camera for them. Just because it's strength is in available light
doesn't mean it can go elsewhere.

As for a comment about needing flash for newspaper reproduction. It's quite
true in most places, but some of us are lucky enough to work at places with
great repro. that lets the quality of  light shine through.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Be nice to people on your way up because you'll need them on your way down.

- -W. Migner