Subject: Re: [Leica] Photokina release
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 17:06:57 -0500

At 11:44 PM 8/26/98 -0400, you wrote:

>I hope you are kidding. The Nikkor 35-70 2.8 has been on the market for
>years, as has the Canon 28-70 2.8, and both are more than respectable.

And the Canon, I can assure you, is going to be bigger and heavier by a
long shot than the Leica. A change of pace for sure. That thing is a moose!

What ground breaking thing Leica will be doing for this lens is the
performance if any of their latest zooms (high end) are an indication.
That's what makes Leica so good, not how fast they are to market.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Drug kingpin Amado Carrillo Fuentes...died from nine hours of
liposuction and plastic surgery -- or, as it's commonly known here in
Beverly Hills, natural causes.

Bill Maher