Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: buying used Leica equipment
From: dmm@bronze.lcs.mit.edu (Andrew M. Moore)
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 21:34:23 -0400 (EDT)

> Question from a new Leicaphile: if I want to buy the latest version of
> a lens, for instance, does the word "latest" honestly signify the most
> recent version.  Or should I be asking for the serial number and

Be careful when requesting a lens such as the Summicron-M 35/2 that
has gone from a non-aspheric to aspheric design.  The "latest" version
of the Summicron-M 35/2 is the aspheric one, but plenty people have
referred to "the latest 35/2 just before the aspheric version".  It's
just a minor point of confusion to be aware of.

Andrew