Subject: Re: [Leica] newbie
From: "Becker" <bss@uol.com.br>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 08:16:21 -0300

> The R8 has a bright contrasty viewfinder that I find very easy to focus.
....... The R8 (and previous R's back to the R4) have interchangeable
viewfinder screens.... If you plan to use those lenses the most (90+) than
the SLR is a better choice.

	It seems to be my decision.

 If you plan to use wide angles a lot, especially at
> wide apertures, the M is a better choice.

	For documentary, I use 35mm and 50mm (and sometimes I shoot at 90/100mm
too).
	HEY!!!!!!  Just came to my mind that, if money is a constraint (and it
is!), I can get the R model AND buy a Leica Minilux to carry on my pocket
for any emergency. I heard that there is a new model with zoom.

Thanks for the help

me best

Becker
bss@uol.com.br