Subject: Re: [Leica] APO converter 1.4X
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 07:31:35 -0500

At 12:29 AM 8/26/98 -0500, you wrote:

>Can this converter fit in 180/3.4 APO telyt ? What  lens can be used with
>it. I want to get one to extend the focal lenth. Is it a good investment ?

No, it doesn't fit on that lens. The back element is too far back, and the
small projecting part of the converter would come in contact with it before
it would even touch mounts.

That converter works with the 180 2.8 Elmarit. And I must say after using
that combination for years, it works quite well. The only converters that
work with the old Apo Telyt are the 2X and 2X Apo.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke