Subject: [Leica] Some questions please
From: Alex Brattell <alex@zetetic.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 00:58:19 +0100

I used my M6 for a very ordinary bit of 'party' photography (an architects
celebration). 'Smudging' (you know, where you just go around boshing people)
- - flash for cash. The results looked fine, low light focussing on a 35mm
lens was easier than I'd anticipated and easier than an slr.

I put my Metz 45 flashgun and bracket on the M6, everything seemed fine, but
I did wonder how strong the whole thing is - when holding the camera there's
a lot of weight hanging off the baseplate (and M grip as well in this case).
Can the Leica take it, or is it not recommended to hang heavy things like
flash brackets with big hand flashes off the baseplate?

Also, can anyone recommend worthwhile independent Leica M service and repair
person in the UK (don't need it now, just wondering), or is Leica UK Milton
Keynes where everyone sends their cameras here?

Thirdly, can anyone guess year of manufacture of M6 #1783035?

Thanks a lot

Alex