Subject: [Leica] Digilux vs. Fuji MX-700
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 18:45:17 +0200

Can someone tell me the difference between the forthcoming Leica Digilux
and the already existing Fuji MX-700?

I compared specs sheets, and have to conclude that the Digilux is just a
rebadged Fuji MX-700 with some exterior modifications (different finish).

If there is no difference between the two, why the hell did Leica venture
into such kind of "rebadging" practice? Maybe it's just to be able to say
that they have a consumer grade digital camera in their offerings. What
is the added value except the red dot? :-)

If the two are equal, one would, of course, expect equal price...

Now, if Leica brought out that digital back for the R8 I have been
waiting for... that would be an entirely different thing :-)

Pascal

Check out: http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/
Who else than Leica could make a camera like the R8 ?
With that unique design and above all: that ergonomics.
Nikon ? Canon ? Nobody but Leica !