Subject: RE: [Leica] newby / Black Tape
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 09:48:09 -0400

Jim and Joseph,

I tape my black M6 and do not feel it is crap. When I wear dark clothes,
the camera becomes near invisible. An invisible camera is more discreet
than a visible camera. The red dot and white markings attract attention
on the fact that there is a camera dangling on the t-shirt, not because
they say 'Leica' but because they are bright red and white.

REPLY:
Right on! (To give my age away...) The tape serves two purposes: One it
makes a small, otherwise black, camera once again inconspicuous by hiding
the red bullseye. And, two, it does make it look a bit battered, which,
while it won't "protect" you from thieves, will certainly make your camera
less inviting than one that looks fancier. That's all.
If you think that's crap, don't tape. If you think it makes some sense,
tape. Period.