Subject: [Leica] Re: out damned spot.....
From: "David Medley" <dmedley@whidbey.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 16:01:31 -0700

OK everyone..........

I have not ever said anything about the black tape, ever..........however...

Forgetting for a moment the fact that some people hate to get scratches on
their very expensive and new toys and forgetting for a moment that there may
indeed be some bad guys who do know a Leica from a point and shoot and
forgetting all of the other comments that have raised their ugly
heads......over something as simple as a piece of tape.........

I do have a legitimate and very honest reason why one would want to put
black tape over their toys.

At one time I did a lot of theater and stage photography. Once, during a
performance, a manager came back stage and started raising all sorts of hell
because my beautiful M-4 was reflecting from stage right and if I could not
do something about it I would need to find another way to make a living.

From then on I had dark clothing, soft shoes, and black tape on my Leica. I
still have the M-4's and yes  there is still some black tape on them........
So there!  What's it to ya............

Now, this is the first and last time in which I will comment on the earth
shaking problems of black tape and I would hope everyone else will do the
same.

Perhaps we could move on to other and bigger problems like which sound blimp
works best with the M-6.
Mine is so noisy........... I can't stand it!

Cheers,
David Medley
Whidbey Is.   WA
USA