Subject: Re: [Leica] newbie
From: "Becker" <bss@uol.com.br>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 19:43:09 -0300

Jesus! I just entered the list and I have lot of answers.  :)
Well, let me try to answer each one of your questions.

I am considering to buy a new model. But I still don't know which camera I
should buy. I like the "charm" of the rangefinder camera, but I cannot make
a decision on that basis (much more when we consider the camera's price,
ugh!). What I really need is a camera with two lenses. A 28 or 35mm lens,
and a 85mm or 100mm lens. I don't exactly care whether the camera is SLR or
rangefinder because I never get so close of my subjects to cause me paralax
problems. I need a strong camera that can go with me under the rain, near
the beach, i.e., any kind of weather (not that I want to destroy my camera,
but doing documentary means that I not always find good weather
conditions). Besides that, I want that my camera be the kind that can help
me into the studio as well. To decide if I go with "R" or "M" camera, I
need to learn more about the camera, read more this mailing list and things
like that.
About the focus, and by what you wrote on this e-mail, the rangefinder
camera seems to be the best (at a 1st glance) choice to this Mr. Magoo
here, due the split viewfinder but there is something that really let me
with a question mark over my forehead (and it is a BIG one, once I'm bald
8-]   ). How the viewfinder works when I change the lens? For instance, say
I am working with a 50mm lens on a rangefinder camera and then I change for
a 300mm lens. If the camera is a rangefinder, so what I see is not what I
get right?  uh.... or wrong? Or is the viewfinder a changeable one?
Thank you for your kindness and answer.

My best

Becker
bss@uol.com.br