Subject: Re: [Leica] Summer travel observations
From: chefurka@magma.ca (Paul Chefurka)
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 17:51:04 GMT

On Mon, 17 Aug 1998 21:59:43 -0500, you wrote:

>I did not see any Leica cameras whatsoever, anywhere.

I just got back from a business trip to Oregon.  On the plane from
Vancouver to Ottawa, as we were pulling out stuff out of the
overheads, a tall, distinguished-looking elderly (~70) gentlemen ahead
of me pulled down an old, ratty, scuffed-up Domke.

I said " Ah, a Domke.  What kind of gear do you have in it?"
He replied "Leica".  I pulled down my LowePro and said "Me too!".  At
this, he twinkled and said "A titanium M6".  To my response of "Mine's
an M4" he said "I've got one of those too, but I left it at home for
this trip".

So there are still a few people out there using these "cuckoo clocks".

Paul