Subject: [Leica] A great lens cleaner: B&W
From: jsanz@lamar.colostate.edu (Dr. Juan F. Sanz Cervera)
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 07:22:34 -0600 (MDT)

B&W sells a cleaning fluid in a small spray bottle (at least in Europe they
do) that works absolutelly wonderfully. I am very familiar with the use of
organic solvents for cleaning lenses (after all, I am an Organic Chemistry
Professor :-), and nothing compares to this stuff. It is not isopropanol or
ethanol. It is some organic solvent that does a great job on removing
though grease marks on the glass. Of course, it doesn't affect the lens
coating. I also must say that I only use it when strictly necessary. In
normal stances, I simply breath on the lens an clean it with a microfiber
cloth (Leica, what else! :-)

Give this B&W product a try, and you'll be amazed.

Regards,

        - Juan

    Dr. Juan F. Sanz Cervera
    Visiting Professor of Chemistry at Colorado State University
    Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
    jsanz@lamar.colostate.edu        jsanz@uv.es
    http://www.uv.es/~jsanz/photo1.htm   (on-line B&W photo gallerie)