Subject: Re: [Leica] how nice can a cheap M3 be?
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 17:18:13 +0200

Thomas,

I recently bought a good used M3, from 1959 (i.e. single stroke) in EXC-
condition, for $800. It has some marks on the top from the Leicameter, bu=
not excessive. I think that is to be expected from a camera this old. It
is otherwise in perfect condition, has just been serviced, and everything
works great. I think you will find it difficult to find an M3 in your
price range without some cosmetic damage, but as you write, you want a
user camera, not a collector's item. Incidentally, I bought it from a
private individual in Germany based on an advertisement in the LHSA
catalogue, but you can find them at similar prices in places like Foto
Hobby in Frankfurt or the Leica Shop in Vienna.

Nathan