Subject: Re: [Leica] ROR, yet again
From: Michael Garmisa <elmar@webreach.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 00:51:51 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 18 Aug 1998, Marc James Small wrote:

> I received my bottle of ROR today and, pursuant to their instructions,
> cleaned my glasses.  I didn't do one thing:  I didn't sit down.  Perhaps
> that was the mistake, as the stuff seems to be an adequate cleaner, but no
> better.  (Yes, I used the supplied tissues.)

I've been working in a chem lab all summer...  Acetone is used to clean
all the glassware (and some instruments)  before they are used.  Acetone
is an excelent, solvent why not use that to clean lenses?  Yeah, I know
its a carcinogen but if you don't inhale the fumes you're fine and anyways
I'm sure many of the other cleaners are carcinogens too.

I HAVENT TESTED THIS AND IT VERY WELL MAY RUIN YOUR LENS.

Just wondering if anyone else has tried it as it seem to make sense to me.

- --
Michael Garmisa <elmar@webreach.com>