Subject: [Leica] Happy Customer and Product Recommendation
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 15:58:11 EDT

To All Luggers:

About ten days ago I ask for opinions of the M-Winder and in a matter of 24
hours I received about six responses from Luggers.  100% of the responses were
strongly against the M-Winder.  Four of the responses recommended the
Abrahamsson Rapidwinder.   During the same period of time I received an email
from Pat McKee of Photo News Network offering his services to supply a black
Rapidwinder for my M6.  I called Pat and spoke with him about the winder and
decided to order the winder and a Abrahamsson Soft Release.   Pat said that
both would be delivered by Friday and they actually arrived on Thursday.
Tom also forwarded some current Leica literature about some additional items
that we discussed.      In some of the responses from Luggers suggestions had
been made to be sure to remove the "wheel" that comes with the stock Leica
baseplate and attach it to the RapidWinder.    I had some questions about this
and sent Pat an email.  Within two hours (and it was Sunday) I received a
response from Pat which happened to be a copy of a forwarded email to Tom
Abrahamsson.  Before the day was over I received a response from Tom which
cleared up my questions.

Currently I am in the process of getting accustomed to the RapidWinder.  After
many years of using the standard Leica advance I feel like I need an extra
hand.  However, the last roll that I shot was extremely smooth and without a
hitch.  I like it very much.    I also would like to add that the quality of
the RapidWinder is every bit as good as a Leica.  You can tell that only the
finest materials were used and the solidity will bring many years of
uninterrupted use.  As for the Soft Release I cannot imagine being without it.

If you need something for your Leica and want good information and excellent
service, follow-up and information, please consider calling Pat McKee at Photo
News Network at 732-288-0009.  The cost of Abrahamsson products are the same
from Pat as they are direct from Tom Abrahamsson and there is no Fedex
charges.  Pat McKee's email address is Minox007@aol.com.

For those of you that would like to find out more about the RapidWinder, Tom
Abrahamsson referenced me to this website:

                     http://home2.swipnet.se/~w-24872/rapidw.htm

I enjoyed this site and found some excellent photographic links.  Please
accept my apology if this information is repetitive.

Thanks to all of those that provided opinions and recommendations on the
RapidWinder.  It is an excellent product and I look forward to using it in the
future.

Bob Bedwell
Greensboro, NC