Subject: Re: [Leica] Pentax spot meter memory
From: "Jeff S" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 09:37:48 -0600

George, the Pentax Digital Spotmeter always gives out the same EV reading,
regardless of film speed. From observation, I'd say that they are correct
for ISO 100, and that exposure info for all other film speeds is simply
calculated from this reading; that it works beautifully at other film speed
settings tells me that this is not an accident :-)

As you turn the film speed dial, you'll note that you're also changing the
position of the shutter speed ring, relative to the EV ring--good old
fashioned mechanical calculator.

To keep this marginally Leica-related, I'll note that this reference meter
of mine, which agreed almost perfectly with my F4 meter, is around 1/3-1/2
stop off from my new M6-curious if anyone else has noticed this, and whether
this could represent some sort of intentional fudge factor (where do these
terms arise??) in the M6 meter or it's just plain off a bit.

Jeff