Subject: Re: [Leica] M2 vs M4
From: Bcde210@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 20:45:52 EDT

Andrew--

I have an M4 and like it very much.  The M2 I use is an old button rewind,
vintage 1959, and the mechanics are smooth as silk.  I like the wind-on lever
of the old design, without the articulated tip, as it seems to "fit" me
better.  Also, the M2 is cheaper, more of a user, while I feel the M4 is more
a "special occasion" camera.  Lastly, my long lens is a 135/2.8 with oculars,
so I don't use the 135 frameline.

My humble opinion only.  What are your thoughts?

dick gladden