Subject: Re: [Leica] Ilford Film & Developer
From: Dave Richards <dprichards@uswest.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 17:54:20 -0600

>> Well, I am an Ilford fanatic, too, but they are both part of a rather
>> large
>> corporate conglomerate, and they produce a number of colour products,
>> including Ilfochrome and Ilfocolor products.
>>

>I'm convieniently forgetting that for the time being, so that I can kid
>myself that I'm favouring the underdog... ;-)

IMHO Ilford is the underdawg it two respects only: (1) they are not as well
known as 'yellow box' and (2) they are British, or at least European and
are thus perhaps inferior by some folks standards.

I've used quite a bit of both and prefer Ilford film, chemicals, and paper
to their Kodak equivalents.  In respect to performance I consider them
superior.