Subject: Re: [Leica] Non-Leica-Made Electronic M?
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 19:38:33 -0400

Well, I guess we all have our opinions.  Like I said, I have no problem
with an electronic leica, as long as they can fix my M6 whenever it needs
fixing.

However, if Leica were to discontinue servicing the M6 and replace the M6
with some modern electronic camera, I would loose interest in all of it,
sell my leica gear, and stick with my Japanese SLRs.  One of the selling
points (IMHO) for the M6 is precisely that it is archaic, and yet very easy
to use and fully functional.  It is a camera, yet it is a part of history.
Modernize it?  Forget it, there are already plenty of very modern cameras
far ahead of leica.

Also, I am bothered a bit by the "made in Germany" requirement.  But, to
each his/her own!  :-)

Dan C.