Subject: Re: [Leica] Non-Leica-Made Electronic M?
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 20:05:59 EDT

Yes Marc, and it was designed by Germans with a German engine, steering,  and
suspension and manufactured in Germany, built by Germans.  You obviously
bought it because it was an Audi, not a VW (although it is the same company).
There is only one reason that Leica would build product in other countries and
that is price.  It has been my experience and repeated, over and over through
the years, that any product that the foundation is built on price might as
well be built on sand.  Leica has maintained extremely high quality standards
without regard to price.  Because of this the value of used Leica products
becomes more valuable each year.  This has not been the case with "R" series
cameras (present model excluded).  Of course we don't really know what the
real story is and I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks,
BOB

<< My Audi 4000S has a Japanese air-conditioner compressor and a number of VW
 do Brazil parts in it.  It is still a German car.