Subject: Re: [Leica] LUG & Brian Reid (Majordomo) charter
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 16:36:19 +0100

Marga Souri wrote:

<<<<<<>As a newbie to the LUG, I have probably more recently read about
>what Brian Reids intentions were in setting up the LUG & his other fine
>groups.>>>>>>>>>>

Hello Marga,
Thank you!!!!!!!!!  I've left the complete post below as it was written,
simply because maybe it should run every once in awhile!!   It kind of sets
an interesting perspective of life on the LUG, in a manner many of our USA
colleagues can relate to.

There are some on the LUG who will not know about the US founding fathers,
but I feel Marga's post may just clear some nostrils and minds for better
breathing and understanding. Changes that occurred over the past several
months or slowly over a year truly is a growing-up thing as the LUG evolved
drawing more folks to it's bosom from around the world..

Those older members still here and those who divorced themselves and now
lurk, some mumbling privately between themselves about "the good old days",
should think about why there are so many Leica Lovers joining.

It's because many of you still here and those who left, contributed a
wealth of knowledge and camaraderie creating a site that has become the
epitome of world class Leica information..  If the LUG "founding Fathers"
and early members hadn't done the great job they did, this wouldn't have
the incredible growth it has.

So maybe, those of you who pulled away or post less, should have another
thought about this very fine child you created, that appears to be
staggering a step or two, as it wasn't born this way. You made it alive and
informative! Please return to the fold and assist in keeping it "on topic"
with your knowledge and not denying it to those whom you attracted in the
first place.

Outside of your own,this is still the best damn family and friends one can have!

Please reread this post from Marga and think again.

ted