Subject: Re: [Leica] Is M6 really any better than M3?
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 19:18:31 -0400

My M2 was my favorite M body (also have M4 and M6) until I bought a TA
Rapidwinder for the M6 and a 75 Summilux. The Rapidwinder must be used on
the M6 and the 75 is easier because of the frame lines.

As far as rangefinder use, my wife's M3 is easier than any of my Ms.

Cheers!

kw

>I'd like to get a Leica body one of these days (using Canon 7 and Konica
>IIIM and IIIA now).  I know everybody uses their cameras differently, but
>It would help me to hear why some LUGgers prefer the M6 to M3 (costing half
>as much).
>    I do love my Konicas, with their full 1.00 magnification finders, but
>alas, they don't open up to f1.0!
>    So, other than the M6 meter and the different frame lines in the
>viewfinder, what real advantages do users find in the M6 or M6HM  compared
>to an M3?  For example, is the rangefinder any easier to focus?
>  Another way of asking this is, What can you tell me that would convince
>me that I need to save up for twice as long?    I'd love to try them both
>out, but I don't have the opportunity.    Mark Walberg

- ----
Ken Wilcox                             Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LHSA, MEA, LAW                      preferred---> <wilcox@mail.tir.com>
                                                     <kwilcox@gfn.org>