Subject: Re: [Leica] Chrome or black
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 10:53:57 -0400 (EDT)

The black lenses have aluminum barrels because the black "chrome" does not
work on brass as used in the chrome ones. I've never been able to wear out
either color.

Cheers!

kw

>Many M lenses are available in either chrome or black.  The chrome lenses are
>more expensive and they weight more.  Are the chrome lenses really better
>built
>to justify the extra expense and weight?  Any experience from the LUG?
>
>Best Regards
>-Mike

- ----
Davison Middle School                  preferred--->
<wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
600 Dayton, Davison, MI 48423                        <kwilcox@gfn.org>