Subject: Re: [Leica] The LUG
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 11:09:46 -0700

Jim Brick wrote:

>All I can say about the various subjects that have roared through the LUG,
>is, there are some really passionate people, who believe in their stance,
>usually from decades experience. And there are people that lurk. And those
>that simply gripe and argue. With hundreds of LUGgers throughout the world,
>everyone has an opinion, correct or incorrect, about nearly everything. And

<snip>

>I am very passionate about photography. I read, study, do, teach, get
>involved, everything. I used to bust my butt to dig out the information
>that people need. But being denigrated after so much looking-up,
>researching, attempting to find easy concise answers, and then seeing all
>of the mis-information that is passed over the LUG (very dis-heartening,)
>it is real easy to see why people leave the LUG. I personally no longer
>enthusiastically participate.
>
>This very post, will draw flack from someone. I don't care. I spoke from my
>heart, and a couple of years of LUG experience. Lurking is nice.

You have stated my position exactly, and have come to the same conclusion.
The number of my posts (to various lists) has dropped over the years, and I
lurk and watch it all slide past me, and then go out and take my pictures.

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com