Subject: Re: [Leica] Non-Leica-Made Electronic M?
From: TEAShea@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 17:00:26 EDT

<< Who knows, maybe the long
 > rumored elctronic shutter, auto exposure M6 (M7?) will appear sooner.
Maybe
 > now it will only take half a leitzyear.

 Bob Shell posted this:

 Exactly such a camera is coming, but not from Leica.  I can not say much
more,
 but it is not a rumor and it uses the M mount (patents expired long ago). >>

He who hesitates is lost.  Where there is a need, someone will step up to the
plate and fill that need.  It would be a shame if this is true and Leica has
lost the opportunity.

Tom Shea