Subject: [Leica] Non-Leica-Made Electronic M?
From: Larry Kopitnik <kopitnil@mra-inc.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 13:03:08 -0500

Shutterbug editor Bob Shell has been contributing to the rec.photo
newsgoups. Interestingly, and for whatever it's worth, this morning the
following exchange was posted in a thread on the new Hassleblad 35 mm
rangefinder.

> Hmmmm, extra lenses for the new Hasselblad.  This is indeed an interesting
> thought.  I do think the rangefinder market could use some competition
>and who
> better than Hasselblad to stir things up a bit.  Who knows, maybe the long
> rumored elctronic shutter, auto exposure M6 (M7?) will appear sooner.  Maybe
> now it will only take half a leitzyear.

Bob Shell posted this:

Exactly such a camera is coming, but not from Leica.  I can not say much more,
but it is not a rumor and it uses the M mount (patents expired long ago).

Bob Shell