Subject: [Leica] Touchy Subjects List for Web Site
From: Frank Dernie <FrankDernie@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 12:52:02 -0400

Michael Bell has offered to compile a list of"touchy subjects" or subject=
that have been done to death.
I agree with Ted. I am a newbie (ish) and if I could not post on the
subjects so far proposed there would be pretty well nothing left of
interest to discuss. I have been around a few months and am happy to dele=
te
messages that do not interest me. I take the digest, and in fact the two
things that would improve the list for me would be more about computer
literacy/familiarity than subjects posted.
Firstly there are posts from digest users whose title heading is
"Leica-Users List Digest V3 ***" because they have just pushed the reply
button from the digest and not updated the subject field.
Secondly people who use the automatic system to append the original post =
their reply rather than cutting and pasting the salient points. This can =
be
absurd when there are several "offenders" replying to each other with pag=
es
of already read messages appended to a simple "me too" type reply. =

The people doing this perhaps do not realise who they are because they do=

not read posts uploaded by themselves but I have felt too embarrassed to
e-mail them privately in case they either consider me rude or simply do n=
ot
have enough computer experience to know how to do it correctly.
Some of the people who dothis are amongst the most frequent posters to th=
list.
This is particularly unfortunate for we non US citizens who pay for all
'phone time.
As far as the  "touchy subject" list is concerned I agree completely with=

Ted. If there is something I have seen before I just delete as I read so =
archive only what I wih to.
Cheers Frank