Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica-Users List Digest V3 #229
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 08:11:55 -0500

At 10:07 PM 8/10/98 -0700, you wrote:

>to find material on doing DTs and the one book I found was dismal.  Then
>I heard the Kodak had discontinued all the supplies for doing them.  Are
>they still available?  I believe health and safety was an issue.  After
>seeing an Evercolor or twenty, I believe that is the finest system for
>printing currently existing.  The only effort is writing the check!

Yep, Kodak's DT book was a train wreck.

But there's a group of people who are reviving DT down in Australia. I'm
sure you can find them on the Web. They found a manufacturer of the
materials, and they seem to be superior to Kodak's. The main reason DT is
no longer done by Kodak is market size. It's so difficult few people were
doing it. Probably some environmental problems, but that is easy to overcome.

And I think this new group that's doing it is using electronic imaging to
produce the matrix.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO