Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica-Users List Digest V3 #229
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 22:07:24 -0700

Eric Welch wrote:
> Dye Transfer is still THE superior way to print a picture, and it's
> experiencing a revival. And it gives you some of the kind of control that
> photo manipulation via scanner and Photoshop would give that no other print
> process can match, and image quality is superior to any but the most
> expensive drum scanners.
>
> It just costs way too much, and takes way too much effort.

Eric,
I'm not sure I'd agree with you on the control issue versus Evercolor
which combines the best of both worlds, it seems.  And the Evercolors
are actually cheaper than dye transfers.  I remember a while back trying
to find material on doing DTs and the one book I found was dismal.  Then
I heard the Kodak had discontinued all the supplies for doing them.  Are
they still available?  I believe health and safety was an issue.  After
seeing an Evercolor or twenty, I believe that is the finest system for
printing currently existing.  The only effort is writing the check!

donal

- --
Donal Philby
San Diego