Subject: Re: [Leica] Soft Release
From: chefurka@magma.ca (Paul Chefurka)
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 00:55:52 GMT

On Mon, 10 Aug 1998 17:28:13 -0400, you wrote:

>I love my Abrahamsson soft releases. There is only one problem. When I
>carry my camera at my side I find I inadvertently hit the release. This
>also seems to happen when putting the body back in my camera bag. A lot
>of blank frames. Anybody have similar experiences and enlightened
>solutions?
>
>Carl S.

Yup. same problem here.  In addition, I put one on an F3 and it
drained the battery by keeping the meter on in the bag.  Sound
familiar?  It must be the Revenge of the Gnomes of Solms!

I find I've been wasting 2-3 frames per roll, and it's getting
annoying.  The only way I can figure to avoid it is to change my habit
of cocking the shutter after each shot.

Old dog, new trick.  Will it work?  Who knows, but that soft release
is so nice I'm even willing to change the way I work to accommodate
its demands...

If anyone comes up with a better solution, I'm all ears.

Paul