Subject: Re: [Leica] The Changing LUG
From: Michael Bell <MBell@mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 11:14:28 +0100

Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net> writes:

>the high signal-to-noise
>content, the endless arguments over meaningless points, the repetitive
>"me-too" messages, and the horrid way in which an issue, once discussed, is
>back again a month or three later (the Tri-Elmar, the Adorama lenses, the
>R-versus-M controversy, the "which lens is best" silliness).  In a sense,
>these discussions are senseless and painful;

One thing that would help considerably is some sort of FAQ or other
collection of Leica Info.  I know this  has been brought up before and no
one seemed particularly interested in putting it together.

Well, I am not expert enough to author anything in this regard.  I will,
however, put up web space and compile together anything anyone might want
to contribute.  I have saved a number of postings that would be usable.  I
don't have time to do anything fancy.  I have put together something quick
as an example:  http://teachnet.edb.utexas.edu/~leica
So far I have included LUG postings from Dan Post, Jim Brick, Doug Herr,
Fred Ward and Marc James Small.  If you want something removed or changed,
please let me know.  If you want to add something please send it to me.

Perhaps once I get this all put together the URL could be included in the
welcome message for the LUT

Are past LUG messages archived somewhere?  If they are, perhaps we could
refer newcomers in that direction when they bring up a tired topic.

Also, I agree that we all should avoid as much as possible "me-too"
messages and thank yous are generally best sent as  private email.

regards

Michael Bell
MBell@mail.utexas.edu