Subject: [Leica] Tree Lugger
From: "GREG A ACHENBACH" <GACHENBA@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 06:26:05 -0600

A visit to the coastal redwood forests of Northern California was the
setting for our family vacation this year. I saw Gary Todoroff's post about
his photo exhibit in the Eureka Inn so I made it a point to go see it. The
images are just wonderful. The area around Eureka is spectacular with misty
light, lush foliage, rocky beaches, and above it all redwood trees that are
stupifying in their magnitude. Gary depicts it beautifully and I think he
has captured the essence of that special place. He has one shot of a high
double rainbow in pre-dawn light that is one of the best nature photos I
have ever seen. If any members of the group are in that part of the country,
go see it.

On a related note, I called Gary unannounced. As total stranger and with no
more an introduction than being a member of the LUG, Gary invited me to his
home where we spent an enjoyable evening chatting about photography and
Leica gear (on topic). My sincere thanks to Gary. This all strengthens my
opinion that this discussion group seems to be unique in it's character and
is composed of a strong cast of interesting people with an astounding depth
of knowledge and talent.

Greg Achenbach