Subject: [Leica] My M3's finder died.
From: Ken Iisaka <kiisaka@ms.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 00:33:37 -0400

I'm now on the day 3 of my three week trip around North America,
visiting Toronto, Ottawa, New York and San Francisco.

This morning, I was just taking my M3 out of the bag to bring to a
Sunday brunch with my family, I realised that the worst has happened:
the glued prism in the viewfinder spontaneously separated, from no
impact, rendering it useless.

Being in Toronto, I will be bringing it to Reinhold Mueller tomorrow,
but he said it is unlikely that it is repairable.

Luckily, the camera is under warrenty from an independent technician in
Tokyo.  I will bring it back to him who can hopefully transplant the
prism from another M3, or replace it with a remanufacturered replica.
In the meanwhile, I'm left with a back up N brand camera.

Reinhold Mueller said he has a clean, user M3, so I might end up getting
it, though I may prefer a different body, either an M4 or M5.

:twas a sad day.