Subject: Re: [Leica]ISP charges and new R lenses
From: apbc <apbc@public1.sta.net.cn>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 98 11:48:26 +0800

Eric,

I don't mind long messages so long as they are readable, new and relevent
- - as yours are. Html attachments/repetition of text messages, repetition
of entire digests etc are irritating to all and not just those who pay a
whole lot more to their ISPs than the $9 a month you cite.

Interesting to hear about your 70-180 experiences - how does it compare
to your 180 in use? For example do you find you need to use faster speeds
to compensate for the weight? How about vignetting? How do you carry it -
I have the devil of a time getting my fat EOS lenses in and out of
bags/vest pockets with their enormous (but very effective) lenshoods. I
use Domkes ( I have or have had most versions but mostly use the biggest
one F1 Ballistic I think it is). They wear out in a couple of years but
at least they are cheap. I had a Billingham that lasted 5 years but was
never the same after a Tibetan woman threw up on it in a long distance
bus trip.... :)

Regards

Adrian

Adrian Bradshaw