Subject: Re: [Leica] Light meters
From: apbc <apbc@public1.sta.net.cn>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 98 11:48:00 +0800

Dennis Painter wrote,

>I am looking at getting a new handheld meter.
>
>Anyone have hands on experience with both the Gossen Luna-Pro Digi F and
>the Sekonic 308Bii ?

Yes I have both - well the Sekonic doesn't work since it got dunked in
the sea in Palau! The Gossen is nicer in some ways but in incident mode
is less convenient since you have to turn the whole thing around to take
a reading with the dome facing you. Mine is also between a half and a
whole stop off so I don't use it at the moment! The sekonic was spot-on
but a bit fiddly.

Better stick to Minolta who make the best meters IMHO and IME: I use
Flashmeter III and IV and only bought the others since they were more
compact. I have had 4 or 5 Gossens and they have all been quite
inaccurate at some or all of the range they cover and not consistently so
so it was not a matter of tweaking them. The only problem with the
Minoltas is that changing from Incident to reflected modes is a bit
fiddly and involves changing the dome to a disc.

Bests

Adrian

Adrian Bradshaw
Photojournalist