Subject: Re: [Leica] Ilford CAP-40S Cibachrome processor
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 1998 19:59:20 -0400

At 02:01 PM 8/9/98 -0700, you wrote:
>I am know the proud owner of a CAP-40S color print processor, after finding
>it on the Internet (where else?) and driving down yesterday to get it in
>Richmond,CA, . Seeing as how Leica users like to get the most out of their
>equipment, I was wondering if anyone on the LUG has had much experience
>with a CAP-40?
\
Gary -

I have been using the CAP-40 for several years to develop my Cibachromes
(now Ilfochromes).  It is a fantastic machine that is seeing less use now
that I am using my Epson Stylus for color prints.  The quality of the
CAP-40 prints is definately superior to the digital prints.  If I were
doing a lot of color for exhibition, I would use it more; but the Stylus is
fine for the occasional color print that I do for promotional materials.
My color all stays in the slide format for stock use.  Before the current
inkjet printers, I used the CAP-40 often and never had any problems with
it.  It is easy to use, easy to clean, uses much less chemistry than drums
or trays. One of these days I'm going to devote a week to making a new
batch of color prints using the CAP-40 to put in my portfolio.  They really
can't be beat.  Let me know if I can help with any questions you have.
Have fun!

Leically,

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP