Subject: Re: [Leica] Subject: Re: Leica Photography
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 1998 07:16:02 EDT

Ron:

Thank you for responding.

I can't believe that I didn't think about those zip lock bags.  My nickname
for my wife is "Zip Lock".  She puts EVERYTHING in Zip Lock Bags.... I mean
everything.

BOB

<<
 Always carry film on you in carryon luggage. It is the newer Xray
 machines for checked in luggage that have the ability to damage
 photographic film. If possible, have the processed film in clear
 canister (fuji) in a huge ziploc bag for easier hand inspection by
 customs (depends on the airport). if customs insists on running the bag
 through the carryon xray machines, many on the LUG will attest to the
 non-effect of the machines on film, but I'm not clear if fast speed film
 (1600 and higher) would fare well.  So far Ive been lucky (by being
 pleasant and accomodating in film presentation) to have all my exposed
 and unexposed film hand inspected!

 Regards ;-)

 -------------

 Here's a following except from rec.photo.equipment.35mm newgroup
 posting:

 This morning's Seattle P-I carried on article on the CTX airport
 scanners made by InVision Technologies of Foster City, CA.  here's the
 nutshell:

 "High-powered devices to scan checked luggage at airports, including
 those planned for Sea-Tac Airport, may also zap your vacation photos, a
 manufacturer of the equipment says.

 "...InVision said the probability of foggong film is much higher than
 machines used for carry-on luggage...

 "Sea-Tac is >>