Subject: Re: [Leica] soft-release TA - why?
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 1998 21:34:36 +0200

- --------------DD07FFE4A1D847AA21CF9CA2

Thomas,

Welcome to the list. Here is the original post from Tom Abrahamsson. I
have recently ordered two releases. Their main benefit is supposed to be
that by making the shutter release more sensitive, they allow you to
release the shutter with a much lighter touch, thus reducing camera
shake. If true, this should make shooting in poor light conditions when
you want to use slowish shutter speeds more viable. I have not yet
received my releases, so I cannot testify to the benefits first-hand,
but the many positive opinions expressed on the list by others are good
enough for me.

Nathan

thomas boehm wrote:

> hello leica friends,
>
> there was a lot of enthusiasm the last days here in LUG about tom
> abrahamssons soft-release. as i'm a new guest in here, i probably
> missed the basic description of this famous item....
> would anyone be so kind, to tell me the real benefits of this soft
> release? and for what kind of photography it's special for?

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium

Photography page:  http://members.tripod.com/~belgiangator/index.html
Motorcycle page:
http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/downs/1704/index.html

- --------------DD07FFE4A1D847AA21CF9CA2

<HTML>
Thomas,

<P>Welcome to the list. Here is the original post from Tom Abrahamsson.
I have recently ordered two releases. Their main benefit is supposed to
be that by making the shutter release more sensitive, they allow you to
release the shutter with a much lighter touch, thus reducing camera shake.
If true, this should make shooting in poor light conditions when you want
to use slowish shutter speeds more viable. I have not yet received my rel=
eases,
so I cannot testify to the benefits first-hand, but the many positive opi=
nions
expressed on the list by others are good enough for me.

<P>Nathan
<BR>&nbsp;
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=3DCITE>
<PRE>Friday, July 17, 1998

As promised earlier this is to inform you all LUGgers that the Abrahamsso=
Soft Release are now available. It fits&nbsp; Leicas or any other camera =
with a
standard cable release.

The Soft Release comes for starters in:

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; - black
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; - chrome
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; - red

There is also a limited number of green ones.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
The cost of an individual =93Softy=94 is US$10. Dealers who buy in larger
quantities - 20 or more -&nbsp; get them at $7 each. Both prices include =
shipping
by surface mail.

The way&nbsp; you&nbsp; get your Soft Release(s) is to&nbsp; mail me an&n=
bsp; address label with
your name and address written on it and your check. Once they have&nbsp; =

#203-1512 Yew Street
Vancouver, B.C., V6K 3E4
Canada
Tel:&nbsp; 604-731-0036
Fax: 604-731-0868
E-Mail: TTAbrahams@aol.com
</PRE>
</BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp;

<P>thomas boehm wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=3DCITE>hello leica friends,

<P>there was a lot of enthusiasm the last days here in LUG about tom
<BR>abrahamssons soft-release. as i'm a new guest in here, i probably
<BR>missed the basic description of this famous item....
<BR>would anyone be so kind, to tell me the real benefits of this soft
<BR>release? and for what kind of photography it's special for?</BLOCKQUO=

- --
<BR>Nathan Wajsman
<BR>Overijse, Belgium

<P>Photography page:&nbsp; <A HREF=3D"http://members.tripod.com/~belgiang=