Subject: Re: [Leica] my 75/1.4
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 12:34:36 -0400

Actually, it was an old lens which I bought second hand.  In fact, the lens
is of the original variant with the clip on hood.  Someone on the list
mentioned that only the first 800 were made in this way.  For the first 5
years that I owned the lens, it has worked just fine, but I have no idea
how the front retaining ring worked its way loose.  The repairman left a
message on my machine this morning telling me that it is fixed, so I will
ask him later when I pick it up.

Dan C.