Subject: [Leica] my 75/1.4
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 07:43:01 -0400

I have found a local repairman who is fixing my 75/1.4 as I type.  It turns
out it was the front element that had come loose, and is relatively simple
to tighten up.  While I was in this guy's shop, he showed me some custom
jobs he had done to some old M2s.  I think the purists on the list would
cringe, but the workmanship was exquisite.  On one camera he had replaced
the vulcanite with a finely polished wooden veneer, on another with
something that looked like hand-made porcelein.  Both cameras had all metal
parts gold plated.  Not something I would like, personally, but I had to
admire them nonetheless.

Dan C.

ps.   I just received Tom's Softreleases.  They are better then I expected,
I don't think I can ever go back to pushing that small little shutter
button again!