Subject: Re: [Leica] posting procedure
From: "Harrison McClary" <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 08:32:27 -0700

Harry,

I personally think people ought to snip the part that is pertinent to their post
and leave the rest out.  This is rather easy to do in most email programs.

For example I use Pegasus Mail on my windows machine (a freeware program
that works great) and Claris Emailer on my Mac (The best email client I have
run across yet, but only for the MAC, but the Pegasus is close to the Calris in
the way it works).

Anyway in both of these programs all I have to do is highlight the portion I want
to include in my response and hit the reply button and only that selection is
included in the message.

This helps others to follow the "conversation" with out adding too much to the
bandwidth.

Of course there are a few wonderful souls who, when replying to the digest,
repost the entire blasted thing.

Harry Haige wrote:

>  I wonder about the frequent repetitive
> quoting of entire previous postings in members' responses.

Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto