Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica-Users List Digest V3 #225
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 07:13:43 -0500

At 06:34 AM 8/5/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Does anyone have a suggestion for developing T-Max 3200 (exp. @ 3200). I have
>been disappointed with the grain and contrast. Thanks.

Use TMax developer. DO NOT use either Press Maxx Developer or HC-110. They
both blow up grain really big. (Well, you know what I mean).

I use TMax at 85 degrees. I think 3200 is 6 (6.5?) minutes. Don't
over-agitate. I agitate five seconds every thirty seconds. Agitation is
five inversions in five seconds. (When I agitate, I spin it on it's axis as
I invert). I get really good results. Do not agitate for the first thirty
seconds like some instructions state. Just bang it on the table to get rid
of air bells (bubbles) and then five inversions.

Keep all chemicals and washes within five degrees. And don't overwash.
Extended wet times cause grain to swell and give that grainy look. (That's
why I use 85 degrees, to shorten wet time in developer.)

- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch