Subject: Re: [Leica] Inappropriate use of LUG for personal communications
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 21:57:24 -0500

At 07:25 PM 8/4/98 -0700, you wrote:
>As a brand-new LUG subscriber I hate to start off with a complaint, but
>does anyone else share my view that it is inappropriate for personal
>messages like the below to be sent to the list, thereby cluttering all
>of our mailboxes? If so, perhaps the administrator could post a policy.
>At the very least people could think twice before hitting "reply".

Please don't jump in too fast and tell us how to do things. We are unique! :-)

The LUG has it's own culture, and if you stick around, you will find that
post is quite appropriate for THIS list. The post is quite appropriate for
the "friends" around here that we have become (most of us anyway). It
usually doesn't get out of hand. If you don't like it, just find a list
more conducive to your tastes. We like it the way it is. Stick around, I
bet you will too.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

If pro is opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?

Congress!

- - Men's restroom, House of Representatives. Washington, D.C.