Subject: [Leica] Re: Minilux Zoom
From: John Gong <jgong@cisco.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 23:05:17 -0700

I would have to agree with Pascal's observations about the lack of
Leica-ness in regard to lack of manual overrides.  However, Tom Brichta
showed some photographs taken with one during the LUG gettogether in Palo
Alto last month, and the results were very impressive. The image quality
from a sharpness and color rendition are excellent for a camera in its
category.  I haven't seen photographs taken side by side between the
original Minilux and the Minilux zoom, but I would imagine that the quality
is comparable.  Tom's photos were much sharper than those that I have taken
with a Contax T2.  I have heard less than enthusiastic comments about
photos taken with a Contax TVS.

If one requires a highly pocketable camera with a zoom lens, I can't think
of one better than this.