Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica bargains
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 11:30:40 -0400

Tina,
I take it you are a Carolina Girl! I didn't know we had so much talent near
Greensboro!
I have to say that the 180 Elmarit is great for people, though our district
manager thought it too sharp, and showed too many wrinkles when I did a
couple of 'candids' in the store. It's funny, but that lens is what got me
interested in Leica!
A friend taught me to do weddings twenty years ago, and he used a 180 and SL
for candids at the receptions- they rivalled the quality of the 'blads he
used for the wedding. I always used  'blads for everything, but when I quit
doing weddings I sold them, and wanted an outfit for doing the kids. I got a
Leica SL and the basic 35/50/135mm lenses.... never did get a 180 until this
year! I shoulda hadda oughta done it sooner! It is so...crisp and sharp I
have almost quit using the 135!
Anyway, love your work, and hope to meet you some day!
Dan'l
dwpost@msn.com